Sometimes, a printer driver is unavailable error is displayed on the driver program that is installed on the Microsoft windows 10 computer. This error usually crops up when the printer’s driver is not updated, if driver is corrupted or you still need to install windows 10 updates. Thus, in order to check from where, this driver unavailable error is pops up; you need to look into the driver or the operating system. To fix this issue on windows 10 PC, you should download the latest printer driver. For this, you can visit 123.hp.com/setup and download your desired printer driver software easily. Before that, you can also follow the few troubleshooting steps to eliminate this error.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
As we discussed earlier, a corrupt or incompatible printer driver might be the underlying reason for the occurrence of printer driver error on windows. So, you should install a right printer driver on your windows 10 PC if you want to troubleshoot the error that won’t let you take printout. If that is the case, then follow the below steps:
- Press windows key and R key on the keyboard simultaneously to launch the run program.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box and then hit enter.
- From the opened window look for your installed printer on the computer.
- Right-click on it and then select uninstall device.
- To confirm the above changes, you need to click uninstall upon prompt.
- Now, download the appropriate printer driver from hp.com/setup and install it on your computer to see if that fix the issue.
Install Windows Updates Manually
If you haven’t turned on Automatic updates on Windows until now, and your operating system is out-of-date hereafter, it might make your printer driver to go unavailable for the temporarily basis. It will be exterminate until troubleshooting steps for printing are not taken properly. Follow the below mentioned steps to install Windows updates and troubleshoot the driver is unavailable error on Windows 10 PC.
- Go for Start button on desktop, write update in the search box, and then you need to select check for updates.
- Again, you need to confirm the same on Windows Update and then under Update Status.
- If you see “Updates Are Available” option, then you will see a dialog box that displaying the percentage remaining.
- Once the update completes, simply restart your PC and then try printing a page to see if the printer issues is resolved that occurred without warning.
After performing above stated steps, you can easily fix printer Driver Unavailable Error on Windows 10. If not, then take online support to get of this error in an efficient manner.